Risk models for short- and long distance runners did not differ much.
Previous injuries, training volume and age are important in prevention of RRI's.
There might be an optimum weekly training volume.
- Performance and age of African and non-African runners in half- and full marathons held in Switzerland, 2000-2010.Open Access J. Sports Med. 2013; 4: 183-192
- Running injuries and associated factors in participants of ING Taipei Marathon.Phys. Ther. Sport. 2012; 13: 170-174
- The measurement of musculoskeletal pain intensity: a comparison of four methods.Rev. Gaúcha Enferm. 2007; 28: 260-265
- Effects of normal aging on lower extremity loading and coordination during running in males and females.Int. J. Sports Phys. Ther. 2015; 10: 901-909
- What are the difference is injury proportions between different population of runners? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Sports Med. 2015; 45: 1143-1161
- The NLstart2run study: incidence and risk factors of running-related injuries in novice runners.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2015; (volume: e515-e523)
- Injuries and footwear (Part 2): minimalist running shoes.J. Spec. Oper. Med. 2016 Spring; 16: 89-96
- What are the main running-related musculoskeletal injuries? A Systematic Review.Sports Med. 2012; 42: 891-905
- A step towards understanding the mechanisms of running-related injuries.J. Sci. Med. Sport. 2014; S1440–2440: 00140-00146
- Risk factors and mechanisms of knee injury in runners.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2008; 40: 1873-1879
- Psychometric properties of the shortened disabilities of the arm, shoulder, and hand questionnaire (QuickDASH) and numeric pain rating Scale in patients with shoulder pain.J. Shoulder Elb. Surg. 2009; 18: 920-926
- A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1373-1379
- Type of sport is related to injury profile: a study on cross country skiers, swimmers, long-distance runners and soccer players. A retrospective 12 month study.Scan J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2010; 20: 384-393
Rubin, D.E. (1987). Multiple Imputation for Nonresponse in Surveys. New York: Wiley.
- What are the main risk factors for running-related injuries?.Sports Med. 2014; 44: 1153-1163
- Risk factors for injuries and other health problems sustained in a marathon.Br. J. Sports Med. 1999; 33: 22-26
- Sex differences in knee loading in recreational runners.J. Biomech. 2015; 48: 2171-2175
- A prospective study of running injuries: the Vancouver Sun Run “In Training” clinics.Br. J. Sports Med. 2003; 37: 239-244
- Consensus statement on injury and illness definitions and data collection procedures on epidemiological studies in Athletics (track and field).Br. J. Sports Med. 2014; 48: 483-490
- Injuries in runners; a systematic review on risk factors and sex differences.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0114937
- Incidence and determinants of lower extremity running injuries in long distance runners: a systematic review.Br. J. Sports Med. 2007; 41: 469-480
Van Hespen A, Stubbe J, Stege S, Ooijendijk W. Injury Free Running? Leiden: TNO KvL; Injury information system 2012;1986-2012, (VeiligheidNL).
- Course and predicting factors of lower-extremity injuries after running a marathon.Clin. J. Sport Med. 2007; 17: 25-30
- Prevalence and incidence of lower extremity injuries in male marathon runners.Scan J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2008; 18: 140-144
- Risk factors for lower extremity injuries among male marathon runners.Scan J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2008; 18: 691-697
- Prevalence, incidence and course of lower extremity injuries in runners during a 12-month follow-up period.Scan J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2014; 24: 943-949
- Risk factors for lower extremity injuries among half marathon and marathon runners of the Lage Landen Marathon Eindhoven 2012. A prospective cohort study in The Netherlands.Scand. J. Med. Sci. Sports. 2016; 26: 226-234
- Prevention of running-related injuries in novice runners: are we running on empty?.Br. J. Sports Med. 2012; 46: 836-837
- Comparison of training and anthropometric characteristics between recreational male half-marathoners and marathoners.Chin. J. Physiol. 2013; 56: 138-146